– Park Improvements through Small-Scale Capital Infill

IMPORTANT: Updates on the deadlines for the current application round for the Manufactured Home Improvement and Repair Program (MHIR):

Note: Applicants with existing and/or incomplete applications in either of these programs will continue to have access to their partially completed applications after these dates, and will continue to be able to upload missing or required documents using the portal.

Information about the 2025 MHIR application round will be available in early 2025.

Park Improvements through Small-Scale Capital Infill are available to owners of mobile home parks in Vermont (also known as manufactured home communities) to infill vacant or abandoned lots within the park. The park and owner must be registered in the Registry of Vermont Mobile Home Parks to be eligible for the program. Owners can be awarded up to $20,000 per lot. However, parks applying to infill more than 2 lots will require an additional review process, with a maximum of 10 lots per park. Lot must be made available for a homeowner, not rental home.  Projects must be approved before work begins. MHIR does not pay for retroactive work.

Eligible uses of Park Improvements through Small-Scale Capital Infill funds include:

Upload W9/Direct Deposit

– Frequently Asked Questions

Who can apply?

For-profit, non-profit and Co-Op Manufactured/Mobile Home Park Owners:

  1. Project must prepare at least one (1) lot for infill.
  2. Park must be registered with the State of Vermont. You can find the current list of registered parks here. If you believe you own a park that is not registered, please email mhir@vermont.gov.
How long will the Program be taking applications?

Infill or Foundation Awards: Applications close on August 31, 2024.

How many times can I apply?

Park owners can receive up to $20,000 per lot prepared for infill and can apply multiple times until they meet the program cap. Park owners can apply for a maximum of 10 lots per park, except in cases where a critical need exists and that more than 10 lots in a project will create significant efficiencies of scale.

Can a case manager apply on behalf of an owner?

Yes, with full knowledge and consent from the homeowner, a case manager can apply on their behalf. Application assistance is available through the Champlain Valley Office of Economic Opportunity (CVOEO) for Home Repair application assistance only.

Is there an income eligibility requirement?

No, this program does not require income eligibility, but homeowners must attest to their income in the application.

How can I apply?

Applicants shall complete the application and upload supporting documentation through the online portal, which can be found at: https://mhirprogram.vsha.org/

For Home Repair application assistance, please contact CVOEO at:  (802) 660-3455 ext. 204 or mhp@cvoeo.org

Paper applications can be made available by request as a reasonable accommodation for disability or lack of access to the necessary technology and submitted by email to: mhirprogram@vsha.org  or by mailing to:

MHIR Program
VT State Housing Authority
One Prospect Street
Montpelier, VT 05602

*Please note that due to the increased processing time for paper applications, your eligibility determination, correspondence, and payments may be delayed.

Are there conditions placed on me as a Park Owner if I accept funds?
  • Park owners will receive a 1099 Misc. tax document with the total MHIR award(s) amount.
  • Lot must be made available for a homeowner, not a rental home.
What documentation is needed for infill applications?

Pictures of the work needed, proof of ownership of the park, project summary, and quote(s).

What does the timeline look like for infill applications?

Once applications have all the necessary documentation, a review committee then makes a decision. Applicants will be notified in writing of the outcome. The review committee normally meets twice per month.