IMPORTANT: Updates on the deadlines for the current application round for the Manufactured Home Improvement and Repair Program (MHIR):

Note: Applicants with existing and/or incomplete applications in either of these programs will continue to have access to their partially completed applications after these dates, and will continue to be able to upload missing or required documents using the portal.

Information about the 2025 MHIR application round will be available in early 2025.

Manufactured Home Foundation Awards are available to prospective and current homeowners of manufactured homes in a park. Eligible applicants can receive up to $15,000 to cover costs related to installing a new permanent foundation or HUD-approved slab on a vacant lot. Projects must be approved before work begins. MHIR does not pay for retroactive work.  

Additional program requirements:

Upload W9/Direct Deposit

Eligible uses of Manufactured Home Foundation funds include:

  • Site preparation;
  • Skirting;
  • Tie-downs; and
  • Utility connections
  • Foundations for a manufactured home moving to a lot in a state registered park. 

NOT Eligible uses of Manufactured Home Foundation funds include:

  • Concrete slabs for propane tanks 
Foundation awards will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis for households that meet all eligibility criteria. Infill or Foundation Awards: Applications close on August 31, 2024.
Contact: Vermont State Housing Authority

– Frequently Asked Questions

Who can apply?

Prospective and current homeowners of manufactured homes that will be:

  1. The applicant’s primary residence located in Vermont;
  2. Located in a Mobile Home Park listed in the Registry of Vermont Mobile Home Parks; and
  3. On a HUD-approved mobile home slab or foundation.
Who isn’t eligible?
How long will the Program be taking applications?

Infill or Foundation Awards: Applications close on August 31, 2024.

How many times can I apply?

Limit one award per applicant. Awards can be up to $15,000 to pay for a foundation or slab and related expenses within registered manufactured home communities.

Is there an income eligibility requirement?

No, this program does not require income eligibility, but homeowners must attest to their income in the application.

How do I apply?

Applicants shall complete the application and upload supporting documentation through the online portal, which can be found at:

For Home Repair application assistance, please contact CVOEO at:  (802) 660-3455 ext. 204 or

Paper applications can be made available by request as a reasonable accommodation for disability or lack of access to the necessary technology and submitted by email to:  or by mailing to:

MHIR Program
VT State Housing Authority
One Prospect Street
Montpelier, VT 05602

*Please note that due to the increased processing time for paper applications, your eligibility determination, correspondence, and payments may be delayed.

As a homeowner, is the award money received taxable income?

No, this financial assistance is not taxable income for homeowners, and you will not receive a 1099 tax form.

What documentation is needed for Foundation applications?

Pictures of the lot proof of ownership/purchase or sale agreement, quote for foundation, and direct deposit form.